Meet Hank who is the main hero of this story. He is modeled after my nephew, Bruce, who actually does live in Illinois and has a sister named Heidi. When they were very young, they sometimes came to visit us and stayed for a week or longer. I really enjoyed their company, and I love to this day how some of our influences have stayed with them a bit.

Like my peculiar love of spiders. I had a great nest in the corner of my kitchen window one summer when B. was visiting. He wasn't too bothered by it, but being the thoughtful young man he was, he did point out one day while washing dishes, that soon we would have more spiders.

“You realize all those eggs are going to hatch, right, Aunt D?”

Ah, well. Brilliance disguised in a quiet, thoughtful young man. Ha ha ha. Yes, it was no surprise he would become the main character.

Anyway, after rereading his first episode, a few characteristics were evident:

     ·       Best friend named Heidi

·       Likes to eat barbecued steak

·       Likes gaming

·       Doesn’t usually swear

·       Wants to buy a house

·       Doesn’t like cramped spaces

·       Hates the sight of blood

·       Has nosebleeds when stressed

·       Detail oriented, might miss big picture

·       Not an athlete but notices them

·       Prays under pressure to Mary and Jesus

I don’t have a clear sense of Hank’s voice in the writing. And I need to find a way to make him more ponderous without seeming slow. Also, not much about his physical appearance yet. Hair color, eye color, other distinguishing features other than size? That could probably wait until later.

What crutch words can this character have to distinguish him in dialogue? Maybe I could just ask my nephew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

M eet Hank who is the main hero of this story. He is modeled after my nephew, Bruce, who actually does live in Illinois and has a sister nam...